Sunday, August 22, 2021

A Still Life


                                                            Eggplant and tomato

                                                                 from Bob's Garden 


While waiting for Henre to hit Long Island, I did a little watercolor sketch of the eggplant and tomato from Mike's friend Bob's garden.  We were all set for the harsh affect of the hurricane.  We lucked out, hit land fall in Connecticut.  So thank goodness we were very fortunate to be spared. 

I am thinking about doing this in gouache or acrylic. 

                                                                        White Snowballs in 

                                                                            August, w/c still life

Picked flowers from my garden and painted this little sketch in w/c

                                                                   Rose of Sharon from 

                                                                  my garden, plein air 

                                                                          Gouache sketch

What I love about blogging is keeping a diary of what has been painted during the week. It is so easy to sketch or paint and just put in heap somewhere in the art room.  This way it is a way of reminding me that I have been fairly productive.  More importantly, doing what I love.  Happy Painting everyone. Thanks to my friends Jo and Joan for the inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. These florals are beautiful. Sketching/painting plein air is always good. I certainly use my blog as a journal. It takes time but has served me well over the years. I do save it once in a while, never know what Blogger will do in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, sorry my comment didn't go through. Once again thank you.

      Delete
  2. It is good to have a record of what you've done, especially when you look back over it later and see how much you've created. I love that you called the flowers snowballs. That's what we grew up calling them. My grandmother had pretty blue ones growing in our backyard. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan, I am trying to reply and here we go again it is not going through.

      Delete

                                                    Hecksher Beach Plein Air Managed to go out and paint on location.  The beach was ravaged...